Effortless and casual wedding hair
Flower tiara with side on curls
Simple smooth hair up
Soft hair down with a twist
Hair down with volume and curls
Neat sophisticated wedding hair
Big volume wedding hair
A spring wedding
The wedding season is fast approaching
How you wear your hair is the next most important thing after the dress. Off the shoulder styles look great with having your hair up or half up half down, a higher neck line is good for soft curls. A plainer style dress will compliment any hair style, however, a heavy lace encrusted with crystals and sequins, may look better with more natural hair. Spend time looking at hair styles and speak to a stylist for more advice until you feel ready to play around with some different looks.
To accessorise or not…..
Hair accessories can make or break a hair-do for a bride, however, be careful when choosing as there are factors you will need to consider:
- Weight: It can be extremely uncomfortable to have a heavy tiara or clip attached to your hair all day. Fixing it in the hair can be difficult too
- Are you wearing a veil? It will make a difference if you are removing the veil after the ceremony
- Are you having a different style for the evening?
- Fresh flowers can look gorgeous but be aware that with hairspray and no water all day, they will most probably die – not such a good look
- Will you need to add hair to create the style you want? This has to be done well in advance
- Will the accessories go with the dress?
- Will the bridesmaids have matching or complimentary accessories?
- Less can be more! Important to think about, do you really want to be over the top? Your wedding day is about looking the best you can possibly look in your life
- Appointment time: It is crucial to allow enough time and to have it done as near to the time of the wedding as possible.
- It’s usually best to get your hair done before your make-up
- Are you visiting a salon or having a hairdresser attend the venue?
- Will he/she have practised your style more than once and discussed your requirements in full? This sounds silly but it’s so important to get the hair style right and understand exactly what the bride wants, to avoid any upset on the day