FINGERS CROSSED! The countdown is on…
A big hello and an air hug to all our clients – we’ve missed you so much!
We hope you have all stayed well during the lockdown… We all have at 77 The Hill.
It’s been a long time and we can’t wait to get back to doing what we love… and judging by how long our own hair is – you will be looking forward to seeing us too!
We are hoping to open again on Saturday, July 4th and as you’d expect, things won’t be quite the same as they were…
We know that clients may feel nervous about coming in again – our stylists will be feeling it too -however, we are taking as many precautions as possible to ensure the safety of our team and customers alike. These are testing times and we ask for your patience and understanding whilst we deal with the new regulations and work in a new and unfamiliar way.
- We have extended our opening hours to allow for social distancing and to open up more appointments. We will operate seven days a week and start earlier at 8.00 am. Weds, Thurs and Fri, we will stay open until 9.00 pm.
- The salon is undergoing a deep clean before we open up to clients.
- There will be a new screen at the reception desk to allow safer transactions.
- We are limiting how many stylists and clients there will be in the salon at any one time. The two-meter rule will be applied for the foreseeable future.
- We urge you not to attend your appointment if you feel unwell – even slightly.
- We will kindly ask clients to come alone and be on time.
- If you arrive early for your appointment, we may ask you to wait outside until someone leaves or until cleaning after every service has been completed.
- If you arrive late, you may only get a part of the service completed, depending on the time available.
- Your stylist will be with you for the whole of your service time and there won’t be anyone else fitted in during this time.
- We would kindly ask that no-one other than staff members enter the staff room for the time being – of course you will be able to use the cloakroom.
- Unfortunately, we won’t be serving tea or coffee but small bottles of water will be provided – you are also welcome to bring your own however it must be kept with your belongings and we will ask you to take any rubbish with you. Your jacket/coat will be hung up on a vacant seat next to you.
- We cannot provide magazines for the time being however you’re welcome to bring your own.
- We may ask to take your temperature before the service.
- You will be required to wear a mask – which will be provided for you, or please feel free to bring your own.
- Stylists will be wearing masks visors and disposable aprons.
- We are providing disposable gowns and towels.
- You will be asked to wash your hands when entering the salon.
- Card payments are preferred and you would be welcome to call up and pay by card before entering the salon.
- Each stylist will have a tip box to avoid placing cash on the work tops or work stations.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided
We know how much you need to colour those greys and having your hair done is so good for our wellbeing and mental health. However, until we have more information and we know we can operate as safely as possible and the rate of infection is staying down, there will be certain services that we simply cannot do, due to various factors.
- No child cuts – this will raise the number of people in the salon at any one time as they cannot attend alone.
- Our manicure service is being suspended.
- No balayage or colour changes – due to time factors, skin testing and the angle of work around the face.
- As this is being written, we are uncertain whether we can use the hair dryers yet, so for the time being, we are unable to book appointments for just blow dries.
- We are unable to carry out Brazilian blow dries for the foreseeable future.
- Extensions are on hold until further notice.
We have been contacting many of you over the last couple of weeks to book appointments for those that had appointments pre-booked and many more of you that had been in touch through social media or email.
We want to thank you all for being patient and also for avoiding dreaded box dyes! This will make life easier for everyone – correcting colour disasters or brand incompatibility must be avoided for the time being to allow us to work safely and within the guidance set out to the hair and beauty industry.
We are happy to announce that we are now able to take on-line bookings.
For the time being, we aren’t in the salon to answer any calls but we urge you instead to use online bookings or get in touch on social media.
If you leave a message on Facebook or Instagram, we will see it and respond as quickly as possible.
You can also email us through email@example.com.
***Please note, we haven’t raised our prices this year but there will be a small excess charge of £2 per client to offset the enormous cost of PPE***
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!